Most of April, for me was spent traveling and regrouping on my long term and short term goals for redlinedesign®. Getting it all on paper and mapping out a plan are exciting for me and a process I have truly enjoyed doing. In addition to mapping out these plans, I also spent some time talking about them with another artist and entrepreneur to help me give direction and develop a plan to move forward. When you have so many ideas it is very easy to lose focus and direction. By having someone that you can talk to that is supportive and is doing something similar I found that my enthusiasm was greater and my need to follow-through even more important. This is commitment to my passion, my business and my clients and friends. With that said, I am solidifying that commitment here on the blog so that you know what exciting things are coming in the next several months.
1. Art Retreat….yes, I said it and now its out there. I am in the early stages of developing a special, intimate retreat here in the Tahoe area for anyone that wants to “tap back into their creativity”. Follow along on the blog over the next several months as this develops and please consider joining in….more sneak peak details as it all unfolds.
2. Summer Sundays…June, July and August will bring 3 intimate Sunday retreats for exploring the creativity inside your soul..
Get ready to do some fun learning this summer….I will be offering three intimate hands-on studio classes at my home and studio called: Summer Sunday’s…..
so save the following dates and look for a special invitation coming out soon….
June 26 at 4pm–Floral Arrangements for Summer-We will be creating simple floral arrangements with fresh flowers from the local farmers market that can be used as summer inspiration around your home or as a special gift giving idea. Cost: $30.00 (covers floral supplies and in class treats; you provide your own container)
July 31 at 4pm–Jump-Start to Creative Journaling-have you ever wanted to start your own journal or create something that is just about you? If you answered yes, then this fun hands-on lesson is just for you… We will be exploring with a few writing prompts and using art supplies to start your very own project. Cost: $30.00 (covers cost of journal and in class treats; all supplies will be provided)
August 28th at 4pm–Design 101-With the kids back in school how about exploring some updates around your home? We will explore what it takes to do some basic redesign of an existing space. Class will include: developing a “program” for the space, selecting a color palette and how to develop a budget. Cost: $50.00 (very hands-on course to get you started; you will leave with a space program, color ideas and a simple budget and a special book to keep everything organized…includes in class treats)
3. New Photography is coming this week. I have some really fun pieces sitting on my desk that I will be packaging for the online shop and posting for you. If you have been checking in recently, the photos accompanied by the post are being packaged as we speak….
4. New Stationery is coming before the end of May and will include some of my favorite floral photography.
5. 5th Annual Lavender Ridge Purple Summer Festival-Last year was my first year joining this event that is in conjunction with Artown; this year it will be a three day event and I am in the process of registering for a booth again and will have some really fun “lavender” photographic pieces that I took during last years event.
6. Finally, next weekend I will be hosting and open studio and sale event at my home and studio. Sunday, May 15th from 12-4pm…….all 2010 pieces will be on sale and new product will be available. If you can’t make it to the sale all products will be available in the online shop for presale on Friday, May 13-Sunday, May 15. After this date many of the pieces will be retired and no longer available.
Welcome May is part of a monthly group called the Meet Up and it is hosted by Liz Kalloch of Liz Kalloch Design. Please stop over to her blog, she is a fabulous artist and an incredibly inspiring writer. Have a great May everyone….