Last weekend my family and I had a short overnight trip to Squaw Valley, so today I thought I would share some photos from a little hike I was able to take after lunching in the village. Most people probably think of Squaw as a great winter weekend getaway but it is just as spectacular in the summer, fall and spring. The colors in the fall are also so vibrant against the harsh contrast of the rock face on the mountains.
1. The village at Squaw– Aspen Leaves outside the Starbucks–you could see them from a distance.
2. Pine Cones and sticks perfectly placed on my hike–
3. Moss–vibrant, electric green–all over the forest
4. The village with the aspen calling me from afar–
5. serene hiking path
6. the most incredible blue sky
7. wood pile
8. The lone chairlift waiting patiently for the snow…..
For the past 10 weeks I have been honored to work along side Catherine Just and 10 amazing women photographers to create a body of work in a master photography class called Into the Deep. I have known Catherine for many years but this was only the second time I have taken a course from […]
(me – 4th grade – Fall, 1977 – Australia) I have lived in the United States for 40 years. I am a green card holder and in process of becoming a US citizen. Most people do not know this about me. On the surface I look and speak like any other American. I am married […]
“Creativity is a habit, and the best creativity is the result of good work habits” – Twyla Tharp Back in June, I asked you to follow along with a new book I was reading called The Wander Society. I have read about 3/4 of the book. In it, Keri Smith discusses Walt Whitman and the […]